Resources

St Mary’s Heritage Centre holds parish records dating back to 1588, available on microfilm and in the epitaph books compiled by Edwin Dodds. In 1907, Edwin Dodds, a Newcastle bookbinder and stationer undertook an extensive survey of all the gravestones then visible in the churchyard. Thanks to a generous grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund, both books have been digitised and can be downloaded from the link below.

Visit the Centre’s page on the Gateshead Council website at:

www.gatesheadlibraries.com/gateshead-local-history-/st-marys